Baltimore Women United is a diverse coalition of female volunteers working to close the political gender gap.
We activate women as constituents, voters, donors, and candidates in order to increase our political influence. BWU advances local and state candidates and policies that eliminate discrimination; we fight for equity for women of all races, income, zip codes, and abilities.
Our diversity of experience, race, age, background, and perspective gives us our strength and powers our voice.
- Provide information about issues important to progressive women in Baltimore
- Increase voter turnout among women
- Elect progressive women in 2018 and beyond
- Improve political outcomes for women of varied backgrounds
- Create a diverse and inclusive community of Baltimore women united in political action
We can accomplish this by:
- Organizing events on the 8th of every month to demonstrate continuous action and engagement.
- Supporting progressive women candidates.
- Registering and canvassing women to get out the vote.
- Informing the BWU community about events and actions sponsored by like-minded advocacy groups and non-profits around the city and state.
- Always working to build a diverse and inclusive culture within BWU that honors and represents all Baltimore women and communities
Join us as we strive to be the change we want to see in Baltimore, and beyond.